Vintage SOUTH BEND CLASSIC 930 Fishing Reel w/ Booklet! - (eBay item 310002742604 end time Dec-04-07 21:34:15 PST)
This one with a black sparkle metallic finish is marked, "SB South Bend Classic 930, Designed and Engineered in U.S.A. - Gladding Group - Japan." It comes with the original booklet with the title, "Get the Most from Your New South Bend Classic Reel. South Bend Tackle Company, Inc., Division of Gladding Corporation, 4275 N.W. 77th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33166."
The booklet gives the Exclusive South Bend Classic Features:
It tells how to use the reel, tips on setting the classic's "Magnum Drag", the ABCs of Casting, care of the reel, adjustable level wind feature and has a diagram of all 58 individual parts.
- Diamond Hard Line Roller spins on slick Teflon inner sleeve.
- Quick Change Spool push button convenience without affecting drag setting or strength.
- "Magnum Drag" 14 braking surfaces give smooth, steady drag; wide adjustment range; slip-proof power for the toughest fish.
- Sealed Pick-Up Housing keeps water out of bearings, is dynamically balanced without weights for top smoothness and balance.
- "Dynamatic Bail" no fail bail; fast, easy trip action works every time; can't bind, can't accidentally open or close, can't tangle line.
- "Lube-Pump" Crank Handle exclusive design pressure-lubricates crankshaft bearing.
- Selective Anti-Reverse exclusive "sliding block" design, placed ahead of gears, eliminates stress from gears, shafts, bearings.
- Helical Gears spiral, machine-cut gears mounted on stainless steel shafts provide smooth, powerful and trouble-free operation.
See more photos on eBay.
Blogged with Flock