6 Vintage Mail Order SEWING PATTERNS 1950s-60s Dresses! - eBay (item 310127929006 end time Mar-14-09 20:37:42 PDT)
These six vintage sewing patterns were ordered through the mail from newspaper features. Two of the six envelopes are stamped 1971 and 1972. Two are much earlier, the rest later. One has a top and pants plus a dress, the others are all dresses in women's size 12 1/2 or 12.
The third class postage on the oldest pattern was 2 7/8 cents! For comparison, my man has a Captain Marvel club envelope for 3 cents, mailed in 1951. The postage on the newest pattern was 8.4 cents--still vintage!
The patterns from oldest to newest include:
The envelopes are all in bummy condition, but the patterns look great and the instruction sheets have creases and edge bends.
- Mary Dunbar sheath dress with V-neck, short sleeves or sleeveless, tie belt, #8122, size 12 1/2, unused
- Pattern Department princess seams and double-pleated top and dress with short sleeves or sleeveless, wide pants, #4534, size 12 1/2, unused
- Anne Adams Pattern princess seams and double-pleated A-line dress with jewel neckline, short and three-quarter length sleeves, #4917, size 12 1/2, unused
- Pattern Department front seams and single pleats A-line dress with spread collar, short and three-quarter length sleeves, #9060, size 12 1/2, used
- Pattern Department modified princess seams and front box pleats, button/tab waist detail, with short or three-quarter length sleeves or sleeveless, #9032, size 12 1/2, used
- Sharon's World Designer Pattern shawl-collar sheath with slit, contrast belt, with short or full-length sleeves, #M 246, size 12, unused
Blogged with the Flock Browser