Friday, June 6, 2008

White China Bowl w/ Gorgeous Pink SCULPTURED ROSES Lid!

White China Bowl w/ Gorgeous Pink SCULPTURED ROSES Lid! - eBay (item 310056564479 end time Jun-09-08 18:20:35 PDT)

This white china bowl has beautiful hand-sculpted roses and leaves applied to the lid. The flowers are very well done, so it's surprising there's no maker's mark anywhere.

This bowl isn't something Miles brought, but one I've had for awhile, given to me as a gift from one of my tailoring customers. I'm not usually into such girly things, but it was too pretty not to keep and love. I kept almonds in it ready to eat by the handful. You lift the lid by sticking your fingertips amidst the flowers for a grip.

I'm ready to pass it along to someone else to love. Why? Because I'm amazed I haven't broken it! And I don't want to be the one to smash it. It's not perfect, but still very lovable. Maybe you could love it and pass it down to your heirs? Maybe you have a china cabinet to keep it safe. I don't.

Fair warning--it's not the easiest thing to clean in and around all those rose petals and leaves. The inner rim in the bowl and the rim in the lid are unglazed, perhaps so the lid doesn't slip around.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: