Monday, January 5, 2009

Vintage DOLL WASHBOARD 7x3.5 Wood Frame Metal Rub Board

Vintage DOLL WASHBOARD 7x3.5 Wood Frame Metal Rub Board - eBay (item 310113551149 end time Jan-07-09 19:15:02 PST)

This vintage doll-size washboard has a wooden frame and metal rub board. The upper front panel is marked, "Made in U.S.A." It's about seven inches high by three and a half inches wide and has seen a few laundry days in its time.

The upper back panel has patina and there's wear and a small dent in the corrugated part, some minor dents and a chip out of the wood frame.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen other doll furniture but this is the first time I saw a doll-sized washing board.

While you post vintage items here, I have a blog in which I share vintage info - one of my latest posts is about how to make a doll cradele from baskets from the early 1900's - it would go great with the washing board.
Check out my free vintage info at http://vintageinfo.NET

Karen said...

I never saw a doll-size washboard before either. It's apparent someone used it, probably to launder her dolls clothes.

Your blog is cool. I like seeing those great old ideas and instructions for making things.