1928 Pittsburgh PA NIXON THEATRE Program, Many Old Ads! - eBay (item 310117458894 end time Jan-24-09 19:33:17 PST)
This vintage booklet is an undated 1928 Nixon Theatre program from Pittsburgh, PA. "The World's Perfect Playhouse," it says, probably because right next door or upstairs was the Nixon Restaurant for "BEFORE and AFTER the SHOW Dining Dancing and Entertainment." Just like in Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire movies!
What was on?
Next Week, Week of November 19th, Return Engagement "Let Joy be Unconfined" The Great Musical Comedy "Hit the Deck" with Queenie Smith & Charles Purcell and a company of 75. A splashing, Dashing Shower of Refreshing Melody and Mirth--All As Clean As the Ocean. Coming November 12th: Ziegfeld Production Presenting Eddie Cantor in the Musical Comedy "Whoopee" in Two Acts and 12 Scenes. (This is how we dated the program. "Whoopee" ran 1928-29 and earned Eddie Cantor one million dollars he then lost in the crash.)
Inside it says, "Nixon Magazine published daily by the Jacobs Publishing Company. It's full of marvelous old advertisements for Pittsburgh businesses, many with illustrations. Here's a sampling:
It's an old newsprint booklet in very good condition with age darkening, minor rumpling and some stains on two pages.
- H.J. Heinz Company 57. Visit Heinz Plant. See Heinz Rice Flakes made.
- Edward H. Coo, Furrier, 3rd Floor Balcony, Jenkins Arcade, ATlantic 1298
- Kaufmann Looby Co. Penn Ave. Between 6th and 7 Sts. Kaufmann Looby apparel exemplifying the modern mode has an irresistible appeal...Exclusive--not expensive.
- Oppenheim, Collins & Co., 525-529 Penn Avenue. Furred Coats That reveal the genius of Parisian inspiration. At Moderate Prices.
- Meyer Jonasson & Co., Liberty and Oliver Avenues--Call ATlantic 6200. Sumptuous Wraps Very Much in Tune With the Spirit of the Evening. Models shown: $59.75, $79.75, $79.75.
- Max Azen, Pittsburgh's Leading Furriers, 705 Penn Ave. Pittsburgh. Enthralling, Captivating, These Fine New Coats of Flat Caracul. $250.00 and Higher.
- Pen Point, The ORIGINAL Foil-Wrapped Stogie 5 cents. Penn Cigar Co., Mfrs., Pgh.
- Price Bros. Candies, Pastry, Tea Room. 208 Sixth Ave., 248 Fifth Ave. "Everything for the Sweet Tooth"
- Janet Steinmann Gifts (Opposite the Nixon Theatre)
- Schume's Sulphur Baths, Massage and Electric Treatments for Men and Women, 326 Pittsburgh Life Building, Sixth St. & Liberty Ave., Phone ATlantic 7553
- Geo. W. Ziegler Machinery Co., 528 1st. Ave., Pittsburgh, PA. Hammer Drill, Engines, Compressors, Pumps, Hoists, Mixers.
- The Nirella Orchestra, Service which is a Distinctive Asset! Danny Nirella, Himself. Residence, Montrose 6627, 414 Sixth Avenue, ATlantic 5775-6
Blogged with the Flock Browser