Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Vintage GENERAL ANGLE DIVIDER Old Tool No. 835, Works!

Vintage GENERAL ANGLE DIVIDER Old Tool No. 835, Works! - eBay (item 310015187751 end time Jan-22-08 18:11:51 PST)

This vintage angle divider is marked, "Angle Divider, Made in U.S.A. General No. 835." There are two scales: one marked 30, 45 and 60 degrees; the other marked 0, 10, 8, 6, 5 and 4. A John Shiock etched his name on it in two different places.

I have no idea how it works, but I'm sure you do. I showed it spread open in the last shot, but it opens all the way, no limits. UPDATE: I see from other listings how it works. I shouldn't have opened it like that, but I restored it to the way I found it, so no worries.

The old tool is solid and ready to work for you if you'll forgive the patina and minor rust spots on the silvery finish.

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what state did you get this angle divider? just wondering because i know a John Shiock, its an unusual name. he was from Pennsylvania.

Karen said...

I can't swear but I believe this John Shiock lived in Punxsutawney, PA and is now deceased after a long, rich, full life. Are you thinking of the same fellow?